Hi there, everyone!
The October's report is here! It might be a long one since we have done a lot in October. We also include a video showing the state of the game in October so don't forget to check it out.
Quick summary for people who are new here. We have a Weekly Progress report in the secret lab section of our forum. The monthly reports will be a summary of those weekly reports, excluding the exclusive stuffs.
Following changes were made to the battle flow:
- Gem effects are now activated as soon as gems are matched. This is to speed things up, and I think it's much better!
- Press turns are flash as soon as you do something that grant you an extra turn. This is to give an immediate feedback, letting you know which action that grant you the extra turn.
- Added the battle result window at the end of the battle. It isn't completely finished yet, but the main functionality is there! (Grading the battle result will be postponed to next version since it isn't that important yet)
- Who starts the first turn is now randomly decided. The higher the TEC stat, the higher chance you'll start first.
- Spark gem is now a magic attack instead of multi-hit attack. Multi-hit attack will be available through skills only.
- Strength will affect Sword gem's power, and Intelligence will affect Spark gem's power.
1.) Boost Gems
- Physical Boost Gem: Increase damage to all of your physical attacks
- Magic Boost Gem: Increase damage to all of your magic attacks
2.) Protect Gems
- Physical Protect Gem: Decrease damage to all of the opponent's physical attacks
- Magic Magic Gem: Decrease damage to all of the opponent's magic attacks
- As seen from the video, you can now go back and forth between dungeon and the battle scene.
- Dungeons are loaded from database
- Each dungeon's state is persistent and is stored in a save file.
- Enemy panel can be re-spawned if its re-spawn counter reaches zero. The counter is decreased every time you finish a battle.
- Each dungeon has its own background graphic and its own battle scene's background graphic
- Treasure boxes work! You can now get items or equipments from treasure boxes.
- Load enemies from the database.
- Possible to assign skills to enemies
- Possible to assign armor bonuses to enemies
- Enemies give EXP and money
- Possible to level up once gain enough exp
- Stat & HP growth when level up
- Added death effect to random enemies. (This is done after we recorded the video above)
- Added victory and defeat jingles
- We had been working on some enemy designs to replace the placeholder we are using.
- Also working on replacing the placeholder UI with the real one
Donation Report 2014Jan $25